Monday, February 8, 2010

blues

I am governed by an aristocratic disposition, having no sense of remorse. Yet this decision I am about to act upon fails to prevent a certain amount of reflection. As you can see, nobility is equated with resolve, having come about as a result of necessity.

Simplicity of pattern interests me with her subtle attack on convention. She turns back, laughs, and runs smack into layers of a soft fabric which breaks her fall.........she is OK. When I return to the light I see shadowy figures dancing and pretending to respond to each others desire. I cannot forget where I am and how I got here.

When the day ends, I will return to the comfort of friends and family. They will not remember why I seemed so introspective, but will think of spring, warmth, hopeful change.

Rising from the ground, I need to find a way home. Evening is approaching, filled with expectation of rebirth. I begin to walk towards the town, I see the gaslamps being tended to, the horses seeking shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment